2013 KTM 250 XC-W
$6,899.00 - Stock Number:
Spartanburg , SC
The KTM 250 XC-W is the ultimate victory machine. Built with the ideal combination of performance and weight, this is the enduro to beat when the going gets tough. The DDS clutch allows better rideability while enhancing the lightest enduro bike even further.
|Clutch||Multidisc clutch in oil bath/hydraulically activated|
|Gear Box||6-gear, claw shifted|
|Ignition||Contactless controlled fully electronic ignition with digital ignition adjustment, type Kokusan|
|Transmission Ratio||(Primary) 26:72; (Secondary) 13:50|
|Bore x Stroke||66.4 x 72 mm (2.614 x 2.83")|
|Displacement||249 cm³ (15.19 cu in)|
|Engine||1-cylinder 2-stroke engine, water-cooled, with reed intake and exhaust control|
|Fuel Capacity||approx. 10 l (2.6 US gal) Super unleaded gasoline, mixed with 2-stroke engine oil (1:60)|
|Starting System||Kick starter and electric starter|
|Brake||(System) Disc brakes, brake calipers on floating bearings|
|Brake Diameter||(Front/Rear) 260 mm (10.24 in) / 220 mm (8.66 in)|
|Chain||5/8 x 1/4"|
|Frame||Central tube frame made of chrome molybdenum steel tubing|
|Steering head angle||63.5°|
|Suspension Travel||(Front/Rear) 300 mm (11.81 in) / 335 mm (13.19 in)|
|Ground Clearance||(Unloaded) 355 mm (13.98 in)|
|Seat Height||(Unloaded) 960 mm (37.8 in)|
|Weight||(No Fuel) approx. 102 kg (225 lb.)|
|Wheelbase||1,482±10 mm (58.35±0.39 in)|
|Fork||WP Suspension Up Side Down 4860 MXMA PA|
|Shock Absorber||WP Suspension PDS 5018 DCC|
- Adjustable Ignition Curve - By opening and closing a plug connection, the choice can be made between the standard ignition curve and a softer version. Those who prefer even greater convenience can buy a switch for the KTM 250 XC-W 2013 from the PowerParts range.
- Airbox - The airbox on the KTM 250 XC-W model year 2013 allows maximum air to pass through, but minimal dust and spray. Replacement of the Twin-Air filter takes approx. 15 seconds, without any tools. Absolutely "READY TO RACE".
- Bodywork - The KTM 250 XC-W has bodywork with slim ergonomics and excellent contact points between rider and machine. It provides unlimited freedom of movement. Newly styled graphics give the models a fresher appearance.
- Electric Starter As Standard - The KTM 250 XC-W is equipped with both kick and electric starters in 2013. This simplifies starting the bike in all situations. With its patented placement in a longitudinal direction above the ignition, the compact starter system is optimally protected and provides a decisive advantage in hard offroad use.
- High Quality Wheels - High quality, CNC-machined hubs are standard on all KTM wheels. The now black coated spokes increase corrosion resistance and center the new, extremely stable, 7050 aluminum rims from GIANT. Dunlop GEOMAX MX51 tires - provide excellent traction, very precise directional control and a long service life.
- Individual Suspension Setting - The KTM 250 XC-W has its own individual suspension settings, optimally tuned to weight and engine. At the rear, a PDS shock absorber from WP Suspension works with a direct linkage to the upper side of the swingarm. The wide range of setting options for rebound damping and high- and low-speed compression damping are standard on KTM bikes.
- Linear Power Development - Plenty of power from the bottom up and controllable rideability throughout the rev range. The response of the exhaust control system can be individually tuned by means of different springs. This way, everyone can easily vary the power development of their XC-W (can be used in-conjunction with the two ignition curves) between "soft" and "aggressive" in a matter of seconds. And the new reed valve block on the 2013 250 XC-W delivers perceptibly better acceleration and more homogeneous power development.
- New DDS Clutch - The new DDS clutch (Damped Diaphragm Steel): The one-piece outer clutch hub with primary gear is machined from a single piece of high-strength steel. Unbeatable reliability is the result. It also allows the use of thin steel discs. This results in an extremely compact construction for a narrow engine width. A diaphragm spring enables the implementation of an additional hub damping mechanism - an invaluable benefit in terms of traction and gearbox durability. In conjunction with the diaphragm spring, the hydraulic clutch actuation system from Brembo ensures very smooth and very precise clutch control.
- Revamped Engine - The 250cc 2-stroke engine excels with new V-Force-4 reed valve blocks and the newly developed DDS clutch. This allows lower operating forces and better controllability at the same time as lower weight (minus 250 g (8.82 oz)) and greater durability.